About David Dusek
David Dusek’s mission is to encourage and equip men to live their lives for Christ. He utilizes his life experiences – including his upbringing in a non-Christian home, coming to Christ as an adult, and an extensive business background – to reach men in a way that they can understand. David’s vision is to engage all men where they are the “other six days of the week”—not just in church.
David is the founder of Rough Cut Men Ministries, which is primarily a live, interactive men’s experience using a strategic combination of action movie sequences, real world current events, Biblical truth and fireteam-sized discussion times with a single, laser focused objective: To get men talking about what’s really going on in their lives. David travels around the country, and the world, using the Rough Cut Men Movie Experience to get men to be transparent with one another and with Jesus.
The Rough Cut Men Movie Experience has been introduced to virtually every major Christian denomination in America, and has been a part of over 1,000 men’s gatherings and retreats since 2007. David is a frequent keynote speaker at PromiseKeepers New Zealand, Iron Sharpens Iron Men’s Conferences and denominational men’s conferences worldwide, and is the author of the Amazon #1 Best-Selling “Rough Cut Men: A Man’s Battle Guide To Building Relationships with Each Other, And With Jesus”.
He has presented Rough Cut Men at the United States Naval Academy, the United States Military Academy at West Point, Joe Gibbs Racing, to iconic Army units like the 101st Airborne Division, 7th Special Forces Group and 1st Cavalry Division, and at numerous Army installations in the US, Germany and Korea. David also works closely with dozens of Teen Challenge Men’s Centers across the United States and Australia.
In 2017, David rolled out “Who Has Your Six”, a video series designed for the US Army Chaplain Corps worldwide to combat soldier isolation, domestic violence, alcoholism and the ever-escalating suicide rate. The series was filmed entirely on location in places like Mission Control at Johnson Space Center, Omaha Beach in Normandy and the game day locker room at the University of Notre Dame.
The “Who Has Your Six” video series is now available for church small groups. Check it out here.
A native of Florida, David resides in Sarasota with his wife, has five adult children and two grandchildren. In his free time, he loves dates with his wife, writing, and is a voracious reader. He is also a diehard fan of Florida Gators football.
What We Believe
Every so often, someone will ask us what we believe. It can be a loaded question for a lot of denominations out there, because it seems like every different denomination has its own “take” on certain parts of the Bible.
So let’s start with this: Men are men.
Men are our target audience, whether they’re soldiers, race car drivers, recovering addicts or guys at your typical men’s ministry Saturday morning pancake breakfast. No matter who they are, men seem to suffer from the same battles, irrespective of where they go to church or what they believe. And that is what we hit.
That being said, we’ll first say that we don’t present the live Rough Cut Men “Movie Experience” in the original King James Version, nor do we speak it in tongues— that’s a joke, by the way. Rough Cut Men cuts a very wide path around anything doctrinally challenging, like pre- versus post-millennial or the gifts of the Spirit. We deal with building friendships, overcoming relational wounds and solidifying marriages, using a solid Biblical basis founded on Scripture. Nothing more, nothing less.
But, just in case you really want to know, here’s a rundown. Oh, by the way, if you want to talk more about this stuff, feel free to contact us.
- The scripture is inspired by God. (2 Timothy 3:15-17)
- The one true God reveals himself as the eternally self-existent ‘I AM” and embodies Himself in the Godhead Trinity – the Father, Son and Holy Ghost(Deuteronomy 6:4 & Matthew 28:19)
- The Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ(Colossians 1:15-20)
- The Fall of man(Romans 5:12)
- The Salvation of man through faith in Jesus Christ (Romans 10:13 & John 3:16)
- The two ordinances that Christ gave the Church – Holy Communion(1 Corinthians 11:26) and water baptism (Matthew 28:19)
- Sanctification is the responsibility of each believer as he or she recognizes they are freed from sin, and their new life in Christ (Romans 12:1-2 & Romans 6:1)
- All believers make up the body of Christ which is the church(Ephesians 1:22-23)
- The ministry of the church is to evangelize the world (Mark 16:15), worship God (John 4:23-24), and equip and build the body of Christ into the image of the Son(Ephesians 4:11-16)
- The Second Coming of Christ for those who have accepted Him(1 Thessalonians 4:16-17)
- There will be a final judgement where those whose names are not written in the Lamb’s book of life shall be consigned to everlasting punishment(Revelation 19:20)
- At the end of all things, there will be new heavens and a new earth in which the righteous will live(Revelation 21 & 22)