http://crystalpalacemuseum.org.uk/wp-json/oembed/1.0/embed?format=xml The History of “Rough Cut Men” and Teen Challenge Men’s Centers
In March of 2010, David Dusek met with Kevin Cummings, Executive Director of Teen Challenge of Southwest Florida. Out of that meeting emerged a powerful gameplan to bring the purchase Lyrica in canada ROUGH CUT MEN Experience to the men of Teen Challenge in Fort Myers. For six weeks, David presented relevant movie clips, shared stories of hurting men and spoke about issues that affect men every day. The results were amazing! You can read the testimonials on the Teen Challenge Testimonials page to see for yourself how God moved in the hearts of these men.
see url ROUGH CUT MEN is committed to providing Teen Challenge Men’s Centers across the United States and across the world with cutting edge, impactful presentations that will open the eyes and hearts of the men.
The ROUGH CUT MEN Movie Experience has been presented at Men’s Centers in:
- Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
- Lincoln, Alabama
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Fort Myers, Florida
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Orlando, Florida
- Pensacola, Florida
- Tallahassee, Florida
- Dublin, Georgia
- Jackson, Mississippi
- Branson, Missouri
- Cape Girardeau, Missouri
- Syracuse, New York
- Cache, Oklahoma
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Portland, Oregon
- Shedd, Oregon
- Rehrersburg, Pennsylvania
- Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
- Seattle, Washington
- Spokane, Washington
If you are a part of Teen Challenge, and would like to know more about how to bring ROUGH CUT MEN to your Men’s Center, please go our Contact Page and let us know how we can serve you!
Teen Challenge Background
Nearly 200 residential Teen Challenge centers across the USA provide care for people of all ages demonstrating a need for intensive help with life-controlling problems.
Teen Challenge Mission Statement
To provide youth, adults and families with an effective and comprehensive Christian faith-based solution to life-controlling drug and alcohol problems in order to become productive members of society. By applying biblical principles, Teen Challenge endeavors to help people become mentally-sound, emotionally-balanced, socially-adjusted, physically-well, and spiritually-alive.
Teen Challenge Program Specifics
Our programs have been developed to encourage the student to cope with everyday life issues. Students typically rise early and have little free time, due to a busy schedule of:
- Discipleship Training
- Work Projects
- Meal Times
- Chapel Services
- Bible Reading
- Recreational Activities
- Secondary Educational Classes (adolescents)
Lives are transformed at Teen Challenge by the power of God that is stronger than the bonds of addiction. Teen Challenge helps the total person with spiritual, emotional, physical, social and educational challenges to prepare them for their new life.
- Spiritually: Teen Challenge knows that the student’s symptoms are indicative of deeper problems and conflicts; we understand that a new life in Christ will give them the power and ability to overcome these problems and live a more productive life.
- Emotionally: The healing of past abuses is necessary. Bible studies enhance mental growth and serve as a foundation for creating new lives.
- Physically: We care for the physical needs of the students. These needs–a drug-free environment, food, recreation, etc–are key factors to the student’s success in the program.
- Socially: Students learn to work through relationship problems with their peers and with their families at home. They will learn to apply the character qualities they learn in the classroom to their everyday lives.
- Educationally: Teen Challenge has developed a curriculum specifically designed to teach students about God and help them develop the skills required for them to become successful Christians. Adolescent centers provide secondary education, while some adult centers offer GED programs