Every so often, someone will ask us what we believe. It can be a loaded question for a lot of denominations out there, because it seems like every different denomination has its own “take” on certain parts of the Bible.
So let’s start with this: go here Men are men.
Men are our target audience, whether they’re soldiers, race car drivers, recovering addicts or guys at your typical men’s ministry Saturday morning pancake breakfast. No matter who they are, men seem to suffer from the same battles, irrespective of where they go to church or what they believe. And that is what we hit.
That being said, we’ll first say that we don’t present the live Rough Cut Men “Movie Experience” in the original King James Version, nor do we speak it in tongues— that’s a joke, by the way. Rough Cut Men cuts a very wide path around anything doctrinally challenging, like pre- versus post-millennial or the gifts of the Spirit. We deal with building friendships, overcoming relational wounds and solidifying marriages, using a solid Biblical basis founded on Scripture. Nothing more, nothing less.
But, just in case you really want to know, here’s a rundown. Oh, by the way, if you want to talk more about this stuff, feel free to contact us through the CONTACT US tab:
1. The scripture is inspired of God (2 Timothy 3:15-17)
2. The one true God reveals himself as the eternally self-existent ‘I AM” and embodies Himself in the Godhead Trinity – the Father, Son and Holy Ghost (Deuteronomy 6:4 & Matthew 28:19)
3. The Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ (Colossians 1:15-20)
4. The Fall of man (Romans 5:12)
5. The Salvation of man through faith in Jesus Christ (Romans 10:13 & John 3:16)
6. The two ordinances that Christ gave the Church – Holy Communion (1 Corinthians 11:26) and water baptism (Matthew 28:19)
7. Sanctification is the responsibility of each believer as he or she recognizes they are freed from sin, and their new life in Christ (Romans 12:1-2 & Romans 6:1)
8. All believers make up the body of Christ which is the church (Ephesians 1:22-23)
9. The ministry of the church is to evangelize the world (Mark 16:15), worship God (John 4:23-24), and equip and build the body of Christ into the image of the Son (Ephesians 4:11-16)
10. The Second Coming of Christ for those who have accepted Him (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17)
11. There will be a final judgement where those whose names are not written in the Lamb’s book of life shall be consigned to everlasting punishment (Revelation 19:20)
12. At the end of all things, there will be new heavens and a new earth in which the righteous will live (Revelation 21 & 22)